Faunistic studies were carried out for the following road construction projects:
- B 76 from Plön to Preetz – road relocation or new construction
- BAB 7 between Bordesholm and Hamburg Schnelsen – 6-lane expansion – EIA;
- BAB between Quickborn and Hamburg Schnelsen – 6-lane expansion – LBP;
- B 5 between Tönning and Husum – 3-lane expansion without crossings – EIA and LBP;
- B 207 between Heiligenhafen and Puttgarden – 4-lane expansion – EIA and LBP.
As part of the various mammal surveys professional hunters, conservancy directors and forest rangers were interviewed. In addition to this, otter observations at selected sample points were conducted, and hare counting took place in the B 5-project. Environmental compensation measures generally pertain to improved permeability of existing subways, especially for otters, but also for other wildlife. Our EIA report proposed two green bridges for the highway BAB 7 that obviously are implemented in the further planning (LBP level).